A large number of students in India have passed out of higher education. But when they go to apply for jobs, they seem to be unprepared for the needs of the organizations. This happens because most of the students acquire a degree by passing exams, but very few of them have any practical knowledge and required skill sets. To help students well equipped with proper skill sets, the Government of India has recently launched a programme called Scheme for Higher Education Youth for Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS). In this article, we will discuss the SHREYAS portal, registration and login process through shreyas.ac.in website in detail.
What Is SHREYAS?
The full form of SHREYAS is Scheme for Higher Education Youth for Apprenticeship and Skills. This is a programme for students who are in degree courses (primarily non-technical) to get equipped with skills that are required to serve the employers, organizations, and companies better when they are doing jobs.
Basically, this programme will help students to get internships from different companies and institutes so that they can gain knowledge about what is happening inside the organizations where they want to work in future. This will help them upgrade themselves according to the requirements of the industry.
How To Register Your Institute On SHREYAS?
The step by step process to register the institute on SHREYAS portal is listed below:
- First of all, go to the official portal i.e. shreyas.ac.in, Visit Here.
- Then click on the “Institute Register Now” button from the top right corner of the web page.
- Now you will see a registration form on your screen.
- Select your state and institute.
- If your institute does not show up on the list provided, you can register your institute by clicking on the link provided under the list box.
- Then enter the email address of the head of the institution.
- Finally, enter the captcha code correctly and click on the “Send Registration Details” button at the bottom.
- That’s it; You have successfully registered your institute on the portal.
How To Login To SHREYAS Portal?
Once your institute is registered then logging in to the portal is pretty easy. You can view the login credential from your email account. Now, follow the below steps.
- Just click on the “Login” button from the top right corner.
- On the new page, enter your username, password and complete the captcha verification.
- When you log in for the First Time, you will see a “change password” option.
- Now set your new password.
- On the dashboard, you will see sector/ sub-sector and educational qualifications for apprenticeship and skills.
- Now you have to provide all the required details of the college, also enter Nodal Officer details.
- You can now enter demands for apprenticeship and skills.
- A preview page will appear on your screen; if there is no mistake, then you can click on the “Submit” button.
How Can I Reset Password?
- In case you forgot your password, you can simply reset your password from the login screen by clicking on the “Forgot Password” option.
- Then select your State, Institute, and email of the Institution head.
- After that, complete the captcha and click on the “Send Reset Password Link” button.
- It will send a password reset link to that email address.
- After accessing the email, click on that link and set a new password that can be used for subsequent logins.
Implementation in SHREYAS
There are three tracks in the implementation of this scheme, we have discussed below. It is expected to cover 50 lakh students by 2022 in all the tracks together.
This would help students of degree programme to choose a job role according to their choice and work for about 6 months. Students will be able to join the programme after the completion of the degree usually which starts from May each year. Apart from all these, students will also receive a stipend of Rs 6,000 per month while working in the industry. Post completion, students will receive a skill certificate after passing through a test conducted by the Sector Skill Council.
Under this approach, the existing B.Vocprogrammes would be restructured and apart from educational input and vocational input, a mandatory apprenticeship would also be included. Depending on the requirement of the skill, the apprenticeship will range between 6 and 10 months. Here also, the student will receive a monthly stipend of Rs 6,000 and a skills certificate will also be given to those students who pass the test conducted by the Sector Skill Council.
Colleges Would Be Linked With National Career Service
Though top colleges in India facilitates campus recruitments, for the majority of the institutions, it is not there. But from now under this, colleges would be linked with the National Career Service (NCS) which would help students to get recruited by 9,000+ employers for 2 lakh+ vacancies where students can get considered. Students will also be helped in acquiring soft skills required by the market.
I hope this article (about Scheme for Higher Education Youth for Apprenticeship and Skills) was helpful for you and you have successfully registered and logged in to the SHREYAS portal with your institute.