If you are an average student from urban and rural areas with minimum educational qualification, you have a space for a small shop in a good place in your village or small town, and you are technically sound about computers and the internet then there’s a huge opportunity to earn good money with the help of Indian Government’s Digital India initiative. You can easily start a CSC (Common Service Center) in your locality and provide a verity of services to your local consumers and make a good income. So, in this article we are going to talk about Digital Seva Portal, CSC registration and login process, checking the application status online, details about required documents and other stuff about CSC Digital Seva.
You can easily apply for CSC online with the scanned copy of required documents. And start your CSC portal to provide various services such as IRCTC ticket booking, online money transaction, withdrawal, education, insurance premium filling, Aadhaar related works, etc. This initiative is in action for a few years, but very fewer people know about it. If there is no CSC in your village or locality, you can apply if you meet all the requirements and make money while helping your local peoples.
What Is CSC?
CSC, also known as Common Services Centers are delivery points to deliver Govt, Social and private sector services which fall under agriculture, health, education, entertainment, FMCG, banking and financial services and utility payments. The department of electronics and IT formulates this. Basically, this is an all in one portal from Government of India to avail a lot of services such as recharging mobile phones, booking train tickets, making utility payments, applying for passports and many more services from a verity of services.
It was launched to spread the advantage of the digital to the small cities and villages. Anyone can register on the CSC portal to open a Common Service Center at the locality and provide all the services available at Digital Seva portal to the local peoples and earn money. This is also an excellent way to start a business in association with the Govt run initiative if one has basic knowledge of computer and internet and if one lives in a small city or village.
How Does CSC Work?
CSC is a portal offered by the Government of India which can be accessed by the CSC registered users to provide a verity of services under one roof. The system runs using IT-enabled network of citizen service points. Internet connection makes thing possible.
What Is Digital Seva?
Digital Seva has been made possible with the help of the internet and technology. Under this, village people can get various services at one single point. Starting from skill development to digital literacy, health, banking and financial services, everything is available under this Digital Seva initiative. It falls under the Digital India initiative.
Digital Seva Portal Features
As mentioned above, Digital Seva is a mix of various services. Some of them are Education – Tally Kaushal Praman Patra, Tally certified program, NIOS Service, NIELIT services, Banking – Digi Pay, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna, Financial Literacy, B2C Services – Electricity and water bill payment, VLE Bazaar, Health, Agriculture, Travel – Railway train ticket booking, Airline flight ticket booking portal, Bus booking and other services, Hotel booking, etc.
Who is VLE?
The full form of VLE is Village Level Entrepreneur. Those are the persons who are delivering the govt and non-govt services to their local people who are consumers of various services mentioned above. They can avail all those services and earn money through this CSC initiative.
How Can I Become A VLE?
Below are some of the criteria listed to become a VLE:
- You should have valid Aadhaar and PAN number.
- You should be an adult village youth.
- Your minimum educational qualification must be 10th.
- You must know basic English and fluent in reading and writing local dialect.
- Your knowledge about computer will be a preferred advantage.
- You must do the work by staying motivated with honesty and dedication.
- There are other terms and conditions as well, check them out here.
Which Documents Are Needed To Register For CSC VLE?
Below is the list of important documents needed at the time of registering for CSC VLE:
- Applicant photo (passport size colour photograph).
- Copy of highest educational certificate (i.e. MP, Higher Secondary, Graduation, etc. certificate. Must be of the highest education that you have taken).
- Proof of Identity (such as Voter ID, Aadhaar card, etc.).
- Proof of Address (Voter ID, etc.).
- Cancelled copy of cheque (Take a cheque from bank’s cheque book, draw two parallel lines and write “Cancelled” between those two lines, it’s called cancelled cheque. Used to verify the bank details).
- Pan Card Xerox Copy.
- CSC Centre Photos where you are going to provide services to consumers at your locality (Inside and Outside).
CSC Registration 2019
Registering for Digital Seva CSC in 2019 is easy and simple. The whole process can be done online without visiting and spending long hours in any govt. Office. You need to keep all the required documents mentioned above in hand when you are applying online. Below, we have described the whole process in details, follow step by step, and your CSC registration will be done.
How To Register For CSC In 2019?
- First of all, go to the official CSC portal page here– https://register.csc.gov.in/.
- Now click on “Interested to become a CSC” from the “Useful Links” section option on the homepage.
- From the main menu, click on the “Apply” option and a new page will appear.
- You shall see a form. Fill this up with all the required details such as your Aadhaar number, mobile number, email id, date of birth, etc. Make sure that the date of birth matches with the DOB of your Aadhaar card.
- Now you need to complete the KYC to authenticate your Aadhaar card details.
- After completing the KYC, fill the captcha and click on the “Submit” button to submit the filled up form.
- Post submission of the KYC verification form, you will get another form in your screen which asks for your email address, PAN card number, Bank account no. Enter them correctly.
- On the same form, you need to upload the scanned copy of your colour photo, a geo-tagged photo of your place where you are going to start the Common Services Center, the front page of your Bank passbook, PAN card, Aadhaar card, electricity bill, cancelled cheque, etc.
- After filling every field up, hit the submit button.
- That’s it; you have successfully registered for CSC.
- Soon you will get your Application Id or reference number and other details through and mail to your given email address.
With the help of this application id or reference number, you can easily track your CSC registration status via online on the CSC portal.
How to Check CSC Registration Application Status Online?
Checking your status for CSC Registration is simple and easy. It takes only three small steps:
- Firstly visit this link – http://register.csc.gov.in/
- Then navigate to Applications > Application Status > Enter your application id,
- Verify captcha and hit the submit button.
- Your status for CSC Registration will be displayed immediately.
CSC Login Through Digital Seva Connect Portal?
Once CSC SPV accepts the Application form, VLE account will be created and the login credentials will be sent through DigiMail. VLE can provide the services available on “Digital Seva Portal” after the successful login to the portal.
- You can log in at https://digitalseva.csc.gov.in/ from here.
- Click on the “Login” button from the top right corner.
- Enter username & password to authenticate your login.
- Now you can deliver various e-services to citizens and earn money.
- Please Note that there are certain services for which VLE needs to register separately such as DigiPay, IRCTC Ticketing etc.
How To Get The DigiMail Login & Password?
To login to your DigiMail account, you must have your login credentials such as password and id. As soon as your CSC id is created, an email containing the login credentials for your DigiMail account will be sent to your registered email id. With these credentials, you will be able to access your account.
When Can You Provide CSC Services?
To provide CSC services, your application for CSC registration must be approved. After that, fulfilment of the following things is needed to start providing CSC services:
- You will get your DigiMail account credentials sent through the mail.
- Then, it is required to top up your e-wallet balance with a minimum of Rs 1,000/-. You will get the credentials for your DigiMail wallet in the same mail where you have got your DigiMail login and password.
- Once you have done the top up on your e-wallet account, you will be able to make payments for services on the portal of Digital Seva.
- If you want to provide banking services through Aadhaar enabled payment system such as DigiPay, IRCTC ticket booking, etc. as well, separate registration may be required.
- If you are also planning to provide insurance, you can collect renewal insurance premium. But if you want to sell insurance products, you must go through the Rural Authorized Person (RAP) test. Once you get the licence from IRDA after going through the test, you will be able to sell insurance products.
- If you want to make banking transactions such as BCA, you can not simply do it. You must have K0 code allotted by the bank in favour of the CSC to make banking transactions like BCA.
- Before you start providing the services as a VLE, you must pass the Tele-Entrepreneurs Course. It is available on the Academy portal of CSC.
What Is The Procedure Of Selection of VLEs?
First of all, you must apply online for CSC registration. If you can satisfy all the required parameters about which, we talked earlier, a CSC ID will be generated for you. Apart from that, State or UT administration and DeGS may also undertake the selection of VLEs. Same online registration is required here as well.
In Which Place The CSC Should Be Located?
CSC Centers should be located in the Gram Panchayat office complex or where the PoT of National Optic Fiber Network is located. Apart from that, CSC may also be located at public buildings in Rural, Urban or Semi-Urban areas. If still, such a place is not available, VLEs can open his or her CSC Center under the guidance of DeGS near the Gram Panchayat office. It is preferred to locate the CSC in a govt. Building or any other private of a public building which has good footfall plus where the availability of NOFN horizontal connectivity will be made eventually.
This is one of the most important questions. You must know how much of the revenue/ commission/ Salary will be shared with you as it’s directly connected to your income. You will earn a commission for each transaction that has been made by your customers through your services. CSC 2.0 recommends to share 80% of that commission to the VLE and left 20% should be appointed to other stakeholders if the VLE can sustain the business with this revenue sharing percentages.
CSC Help Desk Toll-Free Number
In many cases, you may need personalized help to start or run your Common Services Center. So, you can easily contact the Digita Seva CSC help desk toll-free number 1800-3000-3468. No fee will be charged by the telecom operator as it is a toll-free number. Keep in mind that, the help is available from 10 AM to 1 PM and 2 PM to 6 PM only. And you may also contact directly to your local state level help desk which has a state-specific number.
Apart from that, if you have any specific complaints related to CSC, you can drop your complaints at helpdesk.csc.gov.in website. There’s also support ticket system available for the help of VLEs. If you post a support ticket from your end regarding any help, you will get a reply from the other side with your solution. The support tickets cannot be closed by the executive to make sure that your problem has been solved. Only executives from the concerned department have the ability to close the ticket. However, posting a support ticket is time-consuming, but they help you to get a solution when your call to a CSC customer care executive is not getting connected because of high demand, wrong timing or any other reasons.
Hope you liked this article about CSC Registration 2019, apply online process, Digital Seva Connect Portal etc. If you have any further question on the same, please let us know in the comment section below. We will try to give a response to your query! And please share this article with your friends for whom, this CSC initiative might become helpful!