Just after the currency ban in India people started using various digital payments providers such as Paytm, Freecharge, Mobikwik, etc. to transfer their money digitally. Sending or receiving money by using UPI apps are easy and safe. But the only problem was, you have to scan different QR codes for different apps or banks. But, recently Indian Government has solved this problem from its root. They have launched Bharat QR code. In this article, we are going to discuss Bharat QR registration process for merchants and customers.
A Quick Description of Bharat QR Code
Bharat QR code is a normal QR code which can be used to send or to receive money digitally. Just like Paytm QR code. But the big benefit of this QR code is, you can now send or receive money between any banks and digital wallets (if wallets support Bharat QR) using this single QR code only. So, now you don’t have to generate different QR codes to accept or send money from different banks or wallets. You can transfer money from Bharat QR Enable banking or wallets app seamlessly by scanning Bharat QR code.
You just have to register in Bharat QR enable bank’s application, and then you can generate Bharat QR code. Then just print it and stick it to the wall of payments counter. Customers just scan this QR code using any bank’s app or any Bharat QR Supported app. Enter the amount and click on Send. That’s it; The money will be transferred instantly.
The other advantage of this QR code is users can use it in shopping malls without taking their credit or debit cards. So, this also solved the problem of exposing user’s card details such as card number, name on the card, expiry date and CVV number in front of other peoples. Another good news is for retailers and shopkeepers. Because from now, they don’t have to spend money to buy POS (Point Of Sale) machines to accept money digitally from their customers.
Bharat QR Registration for Merchants
- To accept payments for your business, you need to register for Bharat QR Merchants
- You must have a smartphone with an internet connection (2G, 3G or 4G) and Bharat QR Merchant App should be installed on your device.
- To register, you need to contact your acquiring bank.
- You will be assigned a unique Merchant ID which will be displayed at and around your billing counter in the form of a QR code or a numeric code.
- You can also generate a unique QR code through the Bharat QR Merchant app for every transaction
- To do this, Open your merchant app on your smartphone.
- Login using Username & Password (Provided by your bank)
- Generate Dynamic or Static code according to your need.
- For every transaction, you will receive notification in your merchant app.
Bharat QR Registration For Customers
Here you will see how you can register for Bharat QR on SBI Anywhere Personal app. If you are using any other Bank’s app, the process will be almost similar.
- You must be a Debit Card holder or Internet Banking user.
- Install & Open SBI Anywhere Personal app
- You will see BHARAT QR on the home page of the app.
- Now choose the option from which you want to register: Internet Banking User or Debit Card User.
- If you are an internet banking user, then register using your username and password.
- If you have a debit card, then register using your16 digit card number.
- After providing required details >> Click on Register Button
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP to complete the registration process
- That’s it; Now Scan and Pay
It’s a revolutionary decision of the Indian Government. Currently, all the major card providers like Visa, MasterCard, RuPay cards are tied up with this Bharat QR code. If you have any question regarding Bharat QR Registration process, then feel free to comment below.